GUEST BOOK

Thursday, 21 January 2010

CREATIVE CHALLENGE: THE BEAST




One of the few Lisbon shops that sells hunting goods


He returned back home
From a hunting day,
He had shot a beast,
He was now in dismay.
The Animal Kingdom
Had lost its beauty,
The beast was a beast,
Being often snooty
But, inside his heart
There was sweetness,
Not always visible,
Not always noticed
By the other animals
That looked gorgeous
But... they were all so cruel! 

 ©Belita
 

~~Thanks for stopping by ~~

10 comments:


  1. Expressive words with appropriate pic to compliment them Belita, yes, men hunt for sport sometimes they kill it to eat too, have a nice day my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never understood the sport of hunting...this is a thought provoking piece and I love the photo that accompanies it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't understand hunting as a sport, either. For food, yes, but not for sport. You wrote this beautifully, picking up on the sadness and causing me to be able to see the beast as it lay with a perplexed look on its face.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dont understand people that hunt either
    great way to express it
    well done

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do not understand hunting, either. i know it is necessary at times for food, but I do not see the "sport" in it. Great poem, Belita. Love how you remind us how beauty is inside the beast... we should all remember that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I do understand hunting, but I love this poem with it's reminder of beauty in the oddest of places.
    http://moptop55.multiply.com/journal/item/728/Creative_Challenge_86_The_Beast

    ReplyDelete
  7. I understand hunting from the idea of having food but not just the sport of it.
    Well written.
    http://passionate4jc.multiply.com/journal/item/551/Creative_Challenge...The_Beast

    ReplyDelete