GUEST BOOK

Tuesday, 23 February 2010

FOTO FUN: WATER - FOR FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 26, 2010

" Foto Fun" is a weekly event open to anyone with entries being taken specifically for and in the 10 days following the subject announcement and posted by Friday as dated.

You do not have to register to take part just post your entry in an 'open to Everyone' blog and leave a link to your page on the comment box of any other entry you visit.

Please title your blog "FOTO FUN" and add the date of the Friday it is for.

Please paste your this weeks photo URL in the comments of this page and  on other people’s when you view their photos so that others can find and enjoy your effort as well.

RULES FOR “FOTO FUN” CAN BE FOUND HERE

http://foto72.multiply.com/journal/item/10/RULES_FOR_FOTO_FUN


Photobucket

This fountain is located at Lisbon's Praça do Império (Portuguese for Empire Square), the largest square in the Iberian Peninsula and one of the largest in Europe.
At night, the fountain is lit up and apparently the water jets can create up to 70 original designs in a show which lasts around ane hour. As we enjoy the show, we listen to a Portuguese fado song. 





14 comments:


  1. What a most beautiful fountain , would dearly love to see this at night , thanks Belita for showing this xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bom dia.
    Belas fotos Belita, mais ainda acompanhadas pela Sr.ª D.ª Amália. Lisboa no seu melhor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful the water...
    I like her voice although I don't understand the language.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful fountain! You have such wonderful landscapes in Lisbon. I wish I could see them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an awesome display combining an earth element and technology! Impressive indeed!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enchanting fountain! I must come and visit my friend, Michelle. I love fado and water shows!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bet it looks pretty at night. Must always draw in crowds and crowds for it's breath-taking sites. Beautiful!!!
    http://tess1959.multiply.com/journal/item/118/FOTO_FUN...WEEK_29...22610.....WATER

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are so watchable especially when they have lighting as well
    I am posted at
    http://chipaway.multiply.com/journal/item/177

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like fountains so much...Great shot...

    ReplyDelete