The little chapel that was erected at the spot where the children ‘saw’ one of the apparitions
In 1917, three shepherd children in Fatima, Portugal, in three straight months on the 13th of each month (May, June and July), saw a Lady before them in the air, an apparition, and heard Her speak a message…
Did the children conceive those events? To many of us, Portuguese, a mystery they still remain …
Did the children conceive those events? To many of us, Portuguese, a mystery they still remain …
ah, yes, i have heard of Lady of Fatima ~
ReplyDeleteI've heard the story, but I don't remember what the message was the children were given.
ReplyDeleteThe Message of Fatima accurately predicted in 1917 all of the following events which came to pass:
ReplyDelete(1) the end of World War I;
(2) the emergence of Russia as a world power which would "spread its errors (including Communism) throughout the world ... raising up wars and persecutions against the Church";
(3) the election of a Pope who would be named Pius XI;
(4) the waging of a second World War following a strange light in the night sky.
Ah, thank you. They did well, didn't they! (I mean in the sense of accuracy.)
ReplyDeleteOut Lady of Fatima? The story is similar to that of Our Lady of Guadalupe in Mexico, except that the latter did not prophesy on so grand a scale.
ReplyDeleteexcellent take on the phrase this week Belita, I loved listening to this story and watching the movie when I was a little girl, I have always believe they did see her
ReplyDeleteFascinating.
ReplyDeletehttp://msnuser.multiply.com/journal/item/410/mystery
It is a beautiful story.
ReplyDeletehttp://lihsa.multiply.com/journal/item/731/Exposed
Indeed, still remains...
ReplyDelete- , -
ReplyDeletenice one!!!!
Oh how intriguing!! Children have a special insight and some how I do believe they saw her ~smile~
ReplyDeleteThanks for the visit.
Brilliant! Children often have such pure hearts, don't they? I say 'often' because I'm thinking of certain ones I taught who were abnormally cruel. IMO, given the right environment, children usually are very open hearted and easy to love. Is it a wonder that they're adjusted to perhaps dimensions escaping our more cynical adult minds?
ReplyDeleteNever heard the story that the children were told, but I believe that even children being more innocent can see spirits and things adults are not able to.. Very nice entry. :-) Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteWow, quite the eerie story, but I definitely believe there is truth in it. Lovely entry! :)
ReplyDeletehttp://epavebelle.multiply.com/journal/item/67/Creative_Challenge_119_-_Mysteries_Remain
This is some story. Very interesting. http://nikhilpant.multiply.com/journal/item/496/An_empty_clothes_line_Creative_Challenge_119
ReplyDeletewhat was the message, belita?
ReplyDeletestrange story, but interesting. hard to explain too!
ReplyDeleteThank you... I've always been awed by this story which I choose to believe. Great entry for the challenge! Thanks for stopping by mine too :)
ReplyDeleteAnd Mother Mary encouraged people to say rosary...
ReplyDeleteI bought a rosary at Fatima so many years ago, and I still keep it with me.
Unique entry, Belita
I like this post.
ReplyDeleteAs children preparing for our First Communion we were told this story by the Nuns.
ReplyDeleteLater on in a college theology class the predictions were discussed and evaluated. Ironic how one or two words can change the perspective. For many years the "bright light" was seen to symbolize the beginning of WW II which never made a lot of sense. When somebody suggested that the "bright light" actually meant ending WW II, it essentially announced the use of the Atomic Bombs on Japan.
Que maravilha!
My contribution for the week is
Pain of Love