GUEST BOOK

Tuesday, 28 September 2010

LET'S GO TO VISEU CITY - SLIDE-SHOW

Whenever I have to participate in a golf tournament outside Lisbon area, I always try to head from my place to somewhere nearby the course.  I made that chance on last Friday and drove throughout the central region of Portugal and reached Viseu, where I had not been for a few years already.
The central region of Portugal is largely rural with some fantastic mountain ranges, rivers and wooded countryside.
From its plateau, Viseu city surveys around with the air of a feudal overlord… indeed, this dignified little city is capital of all it can see. It’s also a city of art treasures, palaces and churches.
There was a Roman town here and on the outskirts we can still make out the remains of those times. The heart of the medieval city has changed little, though not many but a few broad avenues have made it a prosperous provincial center, while the ancient market has evolved into an elegant park or ‘Public Stroll of the Viseu society. Adjoining streets have a very high concentration of little shops. There is a surprisingly good variety available and I wish I had had more time to shop, roam more streets and check out further architecture but time was short. On the following day, I had to be an early bird...

9 comments:


  1. How wonderful Belita, I especially loved the little church , what a delightful little town , thanks for sharing these pics love Rosiex

    ReplyDelete
  2. the countryside and architecture are both charming

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...and the food tempting!!!! yum

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uma bela reportagem da ambiência e envolvência da "capital" da Beira Alta. É surpreendente rever alguns lugares, pelo cunho pessoal que a Belita imprime na abordagem fotográfica. Gostei. Boa semana.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Viseu.. looks lovely.. a place to visit..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love such places too, Belita. This looks very nice and interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. how wonderful place...thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful place - nice one for engaging in walking around hitting a ball.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So much to see and photograph, shame you were restricted on time.

    ReplyDelete