GUEST BOOK

Friday, 13 May 2011

PAW CHALLENGE #1 - MILLI, THE MALLARD DUCK

I went to a natural reserve the other day. It was a gorgeous reserve set at the foot of a small mountain. It was warm, sunny and peaceful and it felt like there was love around… in the people and the beauty. There were children playing in streams, running around on the grass, adults playing with their kids, couples pick-nicking, butterflies kissing colorful flowers here and there, birds chirping their unique melodies….

As I was walking, suddenly I saw the most adorable nine tiny, fluffy ducklings and their very protective mother Milli, the Mallard Duck, waddling toward the stream. It was just a perfect scene.

Milli, was quacking as if saying ‘Today is a fine day and you will have another swimming lesson’.

I stopped to watch that apparently mono-parental family. Those ducklings looked incredibly fragile, but very secure in their world. I would even say they looked more at home swimming in that stream than stumbling on the ground. The more they were enjoying the water, more tricks they were learning from each other. There seemed to be an adventurous one or a show off who leaded the way. They reminded me of humans…

©Belita

CLICK HERE FOR OTHER PAW ENTRIES

~~THANKS FOR STOPPING BY ~~

8 comments:

  1. Don't they! Children will be children. LOL This is lovely, Belita.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love your story and Your Photo that goes with it--Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwwwwww, Belita cute story. I was a duck 'grandma' for 2 years......lots of work but i loved it.
    Sweet photo of an adorable family !

    ReplyDelete

  4. Dear Belita,
    You describe the perfect picture my dear, fancy being lucky enough to see mother duck giving her young their swimming lesson.Have another enjoyable weekend my dear and also thankyou for your nice comment on my Friday poem.Rosiex

    ReplyDelete
  5. If only children would take to the water like ducks for their swimming lessons.
    Some are "land lubbers" :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely li'l things! A beautiful shot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this shot, the water is clear, reflecting those gently curved waves.

    ReplyDelete
  8. :) We have so many waterfowl where I live. Not much other wildlife except for all the differing varieties of birds and a few occasional wild hares. The chicks are always so fun to watch.

    ReplyDelete