GUEST BOOK

Saturday, 28 May 2011

THIS IS ELEVEN... (SLIDE-SHOW)

Great lunch, good food and great ambiance, with a superb view over Lisboa… This is Eleven, the restaurant where I had lunch yesterday.

It owes its name to 11 friends, united by a dream of creating a world-class restaurant in and for Lisbon. Located on a hill, high above a Park, with stunning views over the Tagus river and the old city, it duly picked up its first star in the 2007 Michelin guide.

The food was a feast both to the taste buds and to the eye. Fresh, unique, beautifully presented, effortlessly served and cooked to perfection. With every spoonful came a myriad of flavours and textures…. An exceptional experience...

 

~~ HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND ~~

15 comments:

  1. Wow this is a nice resturant--Love your slideshow--My Husband was stationed in Lisbon at one time--He loves it there--Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Barb, for your visit and kind comment. Glad to know your husband had the opportunity to experience life in Lisbon and loves this city...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was not married to him at the time, but he had a female friend named Maria--her family took him around and he had a chance to take part in the grape Orchards and even helped pick the grapes to make the wine etc.
    He said he love the scuba diving and the clearness of the water.
    He has so many good memories of Lisbon and the stories he has to tell are wonderful.
    He also got to meet Mr.Cork and has some cork that was given to him --Barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a unique experience it must have been. I've never been to a restaurant like this one. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a heavy eater but I like gourmet food and stylish...
    Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The post-modern decor is fascinating, especially in contrast with views of the old city, as are the views of the park and river.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful for the dream of 11 people to come true together!!! Thats beautiful! :) the food is in wonderful presentation. I will definitely show my older son as he is working on being a chef at the moment. I know he will enjoy the variety of presentation as well. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic the presentation of the food, the texture and i imagine, the taste. In the picture seems to me, that the location is near Eduardo VII park. I must go there Belita

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is really an exceptional restaurant...Food looks extremely good...It is really to enjoy...

    ReplyDelete
  10. an absolutely stunning restaurant!

    ReplyDelete
  11. *lol* so very different from the one i visited last wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Barb, how nice to read your words about the stay of your husband in this country! Thanks so very much for sharing a bit of his experience in my country.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sim, Filipe, situa-se no topo do Parque EduardoII, perto do El Corte Ingles, e tem a vantagem de dispor de parque de estacionamento.

    ReplyDelete