GUEST BOOK

Monday, 14 March 2011

SYMBIOSIS BETWEEN GOLF AND ART??? - SLIDE-SHOW

It was going to be my first time to play on that course in the Algarve, a region where summer starts earlier and golfing knows no bounds.
It was early in the morning. I was driving more carefully than the usual. The road was narrow and full of curbs. As I was getting closer to the golf club I saw a circle with a very bright-coloured sculpture at the center of it. At that moment I wondered whether or not I had been driving on the right direction. I thought that woman sculpture would make sense if I were driving towards the seafront. I stopped the car and took photos. I looked around and my eyes set on the golf course signboard. Good.. I had taken the right road.
As I parked my car, a bear was watching me... I went to the putting green, and saw another bear... Oh my God on the pathways to the several teeing grounds, players were greeted by a large number of near-life size bears. You may ask me 'did you like it?'. Well, they were cool but I would have preferred to see them somewhere else but not within the golf course area... The course was so nice with many trees, ponds and hedges that it didn't need any of those decorations. Or had they been placed intentionally there to wish good luck to players? They did it to me and their wishes came true.... Golf is a game that tests your skill, fitness, patience and at times, good luck...
The  fibreglass bears, the sculptor has called 'The Dance of the Bears', were created by Karl Heinz Stock, a German resident in the Algarve, and more than 30 artists of different nationalities throughout Portugal were invited to design and paint their interpretation of the  theme 'evolution' on each bear.
The eternal theme of the beauty of the female body was interpreted in a highly original form in the voluptuous but elegant ballerines, called The Graces, displayed in bright red and silver gray in the area surrounding the clubhouse.
I guess someone may be wondering how I, playing competitive golf, could take so many photos. Very simple: I had been there on the day before, not only to practice but also to photograph... the course, the bears and the ballerines....

8 comments:

  1. WOW, lots of distractions from the golf there Belita. How did you go in the competition.
    I really enjoyed your photos, as usual, the bears that appeal most to me are the
    natural looking ones lol...

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fantastic display .... I love the bears and the sculptures ..... am so glad you you could take photos and practice! I would enjoy walking the course just for the art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i dont know if i would have left the car seing a bear..
    wonderful female body..

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bears are delightful, but the golf course is incredibly beautiful! I can only imagine how much you enjoyed playing there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful golf-course Belita - such a place would encourage good golf..............as for the bear/bare ballerinas..............let me just say, they are big girls......Mike..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Golf specific fitness is not just for tour players more. Any player can adjust their body to improve performance by following a training program specific to golf. Naturally, the average recreational golfer has no time or money as a player in turn invest in a gym at home with high-tech or spend hours a day of work, but some work with advice articles golf fitness, or other reliable resources will go a long way.

    Gebraucht Golfschlaeger

    ReplyDelete
  7. Any experienced golfer will tell you that there is no alternative to the established practice, which naturally produces an improvement in the capacity game. However, blindly doing the same routine will not help. You will have to deal with errors and improve on them as you progress.

    Golfschlaeger

    ReplyDelete