" Foto Fun" is a weekly event open to anyone with entries being photographed specifically for and in the 10 days following the subject announcement and posted by Friday as dated.
Details for entry can be found here:
http://foto72.multiply.com/journal/item/10
SUBJECT: 'LETTER L'
LONG NAILS
The nail technician's hands who did my manicure today!!!! Her long nails are her true ones on which she applies gel manicure. She is from Slovenia but has been living in Lisbon, for 10 years already. I had been thinking of what I could find to shoot on this week's subject. I had thought of landmark, lacquer ware, lemons and lighthouses but when I saw her nails, today longer and more extravagant than ever, I asked her to take a picture. She accepted and placed her hands against the wall...
~~ THANKS FOR STOPPING BY ~~
Oh, the beauty of young hands, painted nails or not. She must have the patience of Job to do her nails like that.
ReplyDeleteYes, Virginia. I do not know her age but I guess in the early 30s or so. She told me she had taken 3 hours to perform that manicure. When she was in Slovenia, she was a nurse but she decided to emigrate to Portugal. As she was not authorized to perform, in Portugal, her professional activity as a nurse, she decided to attend a course and be manicurist.
ReplyDeleteI'll bet her nursing skills come through as she gives manicures. No doubt, her clients leave feeling much better than they did when they arrived.
ReplyDeletenot sure i would appreciate those..
ReplyDeleteTori, I'm very sure I would never like to have my nails like those....
ReplyDeleteLove the subject you have chosen for the theme..beautiful picture too, you have to appreciate art of any kind. Reminds me of my salad years when I used to have longer nails..maybe not as pointy.
ReplyDeleteHow delicate those long nails. Nice choice for the theme.
ReplyDeletehttp://awakingdreams.multiply.com/journal/item/248/Foto_Fun_Two_-_Letter_L
Not only long, but very colorful. They wouldn't work in my job as a food service worker. Very pretty though. Great picture Belita!
ReplyDeletehttp://tess1959.multiply.com/journal/item/252/FOTO_FUN_TWO...MAY_20_2011...LETTER_L...
Wow!!! You did good. Great picture.
ReplyDeletemine: http://oginalii.multiply.com/journal/item/227/FotoFun2_.._May_20_L
Love the magazine feel to this, great capture.
ReplyDeletehttp://chipaway.multiply.com/journal/item/377